All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionOriginating in Japan in the twelfth century, surimi is refined fish myofibrillar proteins produced through various processes. The development of the surimi product crabstick in Japan in the 1970s played a major role in globalizing surimi and expanding surimi seafood consumption to the United States, Europe, and Russia. Commercial surimi production has also changed significantly. Surimi and Surimi Seafood, Third Edition covers the resources, production, techlogy, and nutrition of surimi and surimi seafood. Like the previous editions, this reference serves as a global surimi and surimi seafood industry guide. Revised and expanded, this new edition adds the most up-to-date information on the science of surimi and surimi seafood, with an increase from 17 to 23 chapters coauthored by 63 scientists and industry leaders. Presenting broader, more in-depth content, highlights include historical reviews of the surimi techlogy and industry, comminution techlogy and application, coproduct utilization, and nutrition and health benefits. The text examines topics related to surimi and fish proteins, including gelation chemistry, proteolytic enzymes, and stabilization of proteins. This edition covers the production of various surimi seafood products: seafood paste, crabsticks, kamaboko, chikuwa, tempura, fish balls, and fish sausage. It discusses quality and production aspects, such as waste management, microbiology and pasteurization, ingredient techlogy, color measurement and colorants, seafood flavors, and sensory science applications. It also contains a chapter on research and development that can serve as a tool for insights on new product development.
- Author BiographyDr. Jae W. Park is a professor at Oregon State University (OSU) since 1992. Before joining OSU, he was the director of technical services (SeaFest/JAC Creative Foods, Motley, Minnesota), which is the largest crabstick manufacturer in the United States. Since 1992, he has worked with various surimi manufacturers and surimi seafood manufacturers in various countries in the world as a technical consultant. He was elected as IFT (Institute of Food Technologists) Fellow in 2007, which is the most prestigious recognition as a food scientist. He has published more than 120 refereed journal articles, 41 book chapters, and 2 patents. He has accepted over 100 speaking engagements. Dr. Jae Park has distinguished himself as an internationally renowned scientist in surimi research, education, and technology transfer.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note333 black & white illustrations, 68 black & white tables
- Weight1338 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJae Won Park
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.