All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionSurprise Me, a debut vel, is anunconventional love story about two writers who see more in each other than they see in themselves, and how thatfaith transforms them. The fragile dream of becoming a writer takes hold during Isabelle Rothman s senior year of college. Against all advice, she begins a one-on-one tutorial with a once highly praised velist, Daniel Jablonski, who is kwn on campus for being eccentric, difficult, and disengaged. Despite his reputation, Isabelle loves his early vels and harbors a secret hope that Daniel might teach her how to write such lumius prose. But their first meeting is a disaster: Daniel is unprepared, never having read the chapters she submitted, and does t apologize. Isabelle is furious and feels dismissed. But over the semester, they gingerly form a bond that begins to anchor both of them. And over the next twenty years, as they live very separate lives Isabelle in Northern California and Daniel finally settled in a tiny New Hampshire town they reach out through e-mails, phone calls, and occasional visits. Their continual connection helps Isabelle find the courage to take risks and enables Daniel to work through layers of regret and begin to write again. They are the single constant and the most profound influence in each other s life. Daniel and Isabelle recognize they are among the blessed few who met at the exact moment they needed each other the most. In a final collaboration, the boundaries between teacher and student give way to a work that heals something in bothof them. Each truly sees the other as extraordinary as people do when they love and that belief makes all the difference.
- Author BiographyDEENA GOLDSTONE is the author of the short story collection Tell Me One Thing and a screenwriter who has worked in feature films and television movies. She lives in Pasadena, California, with her family. This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Deena Goldstone
- PublisherNan A. Talese
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNan A. Talese
- Weight499 g
- Width150 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.