All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Surrealist movement that developed in Europe following the devastation of World War I emerged out of a feeling by writers and artists that the world itself was going mad - and that they, the artists, were the sane ones. This introduction to Surrealism shows how the movement swept energetically through all kinds of media as artists found expression in the interaction between an imaginative pictorial language and an often-oppressive intensity of expression. The result was unique works that have lost thing of their irresistible attraction to this day. Each work is featured on a beautifully illustrated double-page spread. An informative text highlights each work's classic characteristics as well as unusual aspects, its significance in the Surrealist movement, and its influence on the history of art in general and on contemporary art. Including brief biographies of each artist, this book is a beautifully illustrated primer to Surrealism.
- Author BiographyBRAD FINGER is the author of numerous books on art and photography, including 50 Contemporary Artists You Should Know and 50 Photos You Should Know (both Prestel).
- Author(s)Brad Finger
- Date of Publication20/09/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note75 colour
- Weight553 g
- Width193 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.