All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurrogacy presents particularly complex questions for human rights law and theory. This book provides a unique and insightful examination into the underexplored issues of how domestic and international law is responding to the sharp increase in the use of surrogacy. The work presents critical analysis of the current regulation of surrogacy via domestic law in Australia, India and the USA, and international law in the form of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Including a wide range of views from academics and practitioners around the world, the contributors consider what could be done to further protect the rights of all persons involved in surrogacy arrangements. This in-depth study of the international and domestic law governing surrogacy provides much needed scholarly kwledge of this contemporary phemen, along with recommendations for improvement, regulation and reform. The book will be of great importance to human rights and legal scholars, and well as practitioners in this field.
- Author BiographyDr Paula Gerber is an Associate Professor in the Law Faculty at Monash University and Deputy Director of the esteemed Castan Centre for Human Rights Law. She is an internationally recognised expert in human rights law generally and children's rights and LGBTIQ rights in particular. She is the author of numerous books, book chapters and articles in peer review journals. Katie O'Byrne is a barrister at Doughty Street Chambers, London, one of the largest and most wide-ranging civil liberties practices in the world. She previously practised as a solicitor before undertaking an associateship at the High Court of Australia and completing a Master of Law at the University of Cambridge. She has published articles in the areas of women's rights and gender, children's rights, refugee law and international humanitarian law.
- Author(s)Anurag Chawla,Katie O'Byrne,Paula Gerber
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 1 b&w illustration
- Weight562 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Foreword byGillian Triggs
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.