All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA biographical vel set in Iowa at the start of the 1900s. The story follows the life of Harold Carl Launspach who would spend the first half of his life striving for happiness and stability only to repeatedly have the hand of fate intervene with recurring devastation. The story includes actual events in the Iowa towns of Glidden, Lidderdale, Davenport, Hamburg, Early, and Nemaha, with extended journeys to Hinton, Oklahoma, Marshall, Minnesota, and side-trips to Vicksburg and Biloxi, Mississippi. Historical data is built into the story on the Civil War, Roaring Twenties, Prohibition, Great Depression, epidemics, early 1900s farm life, Victorian customs, and severe weather patterns. Lots of photos are displayed throughout the book. Genealogical tables are included for the Launspach, Peters, Gerdes, and Constien families.
- Author BiographyMarlys J. Waters has spent her life reading and surrounded by books. She was born in Iowa and has a Bachelor's Degree from Drake University in Des Moines. She currently makes a living as a writer.
- Author(s)Marlys J Waters
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.