All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the third edition of a classic anthology, updated for the modern student. Selections in French, with introductory material and tes in English. The book includes time lines, introductions to each period and its culture, and short biographies of the authors. Each century is contained in its own volume. This volume is the Seventeenth Century.
- Author BiographyKenneth T. Rivers is a Professor of French at Lamar University, Beaumont, in the Texas State University System. Born in Oakland, California in 1950, he went on to receive his BA, MA, and PhD in French, with a minor in History, from the University of California at Berkeley. He has authored one previous book, Transmutations: Understanding Literary and Pictorial Caricature, and many scholarly articles on a variety of subjects including the works of Balzac, Flaubert, and other authors; the art of Daumier; French cinema; French politics; and, perhaps most notably, the effects of climate changes throughout history upon European culture. Morris Gilbert Bishop (1893-1973) was one of the great literary scholars of his time and an acclaimed biographer. He championed the academic life, not only in books -- A Survey of French Literature (first and second editions) and A History of Cornell, but also by serving as President of the Modern Language Association.
- Author(s)Kenneth T. Rivers,Morris Gilbert Bishop
- PublisherFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- LanguageEnglish & French
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFocus Publishing/R Pullins & Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.