All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne day, I was t famous, the next day, I was almost famous and the temptation to go wide with that and reject my past was too great. When I was legit famous, it was hard to tell when the change had occurred...If I had been born famous, the moment I would have started engaging in social media, I would have seen this fame, t the rise of it. But first I saw the low numbers, and later, the high ones. -- from Surveys Wryly mirroring the classic, female coming-of-age narrative, Natasha Stagg's debut traces a few months in the life of Colleen, a twenty-three-year-old woman with almost attachments or aspirations for her life. Working at an unsatisfying mall job in Tucson, Colleen sleepwalks through depressing office politics and tiresome one-night stands in a desultory way, becoming fully alive only at night when she's online. Colleen attains ambiguous Internet stardom when she's discovered by Jim, a semi-famous icon of masculinity and reclusiveness. When Colleen quits her job and moves to meet Jim in Los Angeles, she immediately falls in love and begins a new life of whirlwind parties and sponsored events. The pair's relationship, launched online, makes them the Scott and Zelda of their generation, and they tour the country, cashing in on the buzz surrounding their romance. But as their fame expands, Colleen's jealousy grows obsessive.
- Author BiographyNatasha Stagg is a senior editor at the fashion magazines V and VMAN. She has received a Hopwood Award for nonfiction and the Roy W. Cowden Memorial Fellowship and the James H. Robertson Award for fiction. Her essays have appeared in Dis magazine, Dazed, Kaleidoscope, Riot of Perfume, Sex, The Brooklyn Rail, and Bomb. She lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Natasha Stagg
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleSemiotext(e) / Native Agents
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSemiotext (E)
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.41Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.60
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $20.11Trending at AU $22.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.