All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical guide to survival data and its analysis for readers with a minimal background in statistics shows why the analytic methods work and how to effectively analyze and interpret epidemiologic and medical survival data with the help of modern computer systems. The introduction presents a review of a variety of statistical methods that are t only key elements of survival analysis but are also central to statistical analysis in general. Techniques such as statistical tests, transformations, confidence intervals, and analytic modeling are presented in the context of survival data but are, in fact, statistical tools that apply to understanding the analysis of many kinds of data. Similarly, discussions of such statistical concepts as bias, confounding, independence, and interaction are presented in the context of survival analysis and also are basic components of a broad range of applications. These topics make up essentially a 'second-year', one-semester biostatistics course in survival analysis concepts and techniques for n-statisticians.
- Author BiographySteve Selvin is Professor of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at the University of California, Berkeley. He has taught on the Berkeley campus for 35 years and has authored or co-authored more than 200 scientific articles in the areas of applied statistics and epidemiology. He has received two university teaching awards and is a member of the ASPH/Pfizer Public Health Academy of Distinguished Teachers.
- Author(s)Steve Selvin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2008
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitlePractical Guides to Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note79 tables 99 exercises
- Weight660 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.