All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe data analytic methods routinely applied in the analysis of recidivism data in crimilogy have been expanded to include immune individuals. This book describes the theory and methods of incorporating them. The analysis of survival data via a model-fitting paradigm consists of the estimation of the parameters of a hypothesised model and the testing of the hypotheses concerning these parameters. The effects of covariates are assessed by asymptotic analyses. The accuracy and power of the asymptotic results are assessed by simulations of real situations. The authors develop the theoretical results required and exemplify the methodology by analysis of a variety of data sets. Probabilistic tools such as the law of large numbers and the central limit theorem are applied.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors Ross Maller received his PhD from the Australian National University and after many years with CSIRO is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics, University of Western Australia. Xian Zhou is currently at the Department of Mathematics, University of Western Australia.
- Author(s)R. A. Maller,Xian Zhou
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/1996
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight596 g
- Width166 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.