Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by creatorrr
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Survival Guide for Chess Parents , Tanya Jones concentrates on the numerous aspects of being a 'chess parent' and answers the many questions facing those with chess-playing children. There's certainly more to this than meets the eye. Problems are as diverse as 'How can I help in the very early stages?', 'How do I find suitable clubs and tournaments?', 'Should I watch when he or she is playing?' and 'How do I find a good chess coach?' Jones also tackles aspects such as chess and education, the intricacies of tournament rules and the subjects of rating and grades plus the ever-increasing role of computers and the Internet. Whether a child is just starting out in the game or is a budding prodigy, this book is essential reading.
- Author BiographyTanya Jones is a former teacher, the author of comic novels, and an experienced chess parent. Her son, Gawain, first made the headlines when, at nine, he became the youngest ever player in the world to beat an International Master. He is a British Junior Champion and has represented England at numerous World Youth Championships.
- Author(s)Tanya Jones
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication03/11/2003
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width153 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.