All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen he wrote Survival Guns in 1979, Mel Tappan demonstrated that having the right weapons for securing food and providing personal defence is the key to sustaining life on an independent basis, whether or t a catastrophe occurs, and this is even more true today. Survival Guns became the standard in its own time and went through several printings. When it finally went out of print, it graduated from a classic to a sought-after collector's item, because the principles and advice in this well-reasoned volume are sound and perennially valuable. Some new guns and some new calibres have become available since this book was first published, but its principles, advice and value remain unchanged. Having more choices only increases the value of advice on how to choose what is best for you. As used copies of this book became harder and harder to find, Paladin received numerous requests to bring Tappan's classic back into print. We are pleased to make the best kwn survival firearms book ever published available once more to a new generation of concerned citizens facing the same threats Tappan chronicled during his lifetime. Survival Guns remains the definitive book for anyone interested in the practical use of firearms and related weapons for defence, food gathering and predator and pest control under conditions of long-term, self-sufficient living. About the Author Mel Tappan was a survival consultant, freelance writer, lecturer, and survival editor of Soldier of Fortune magazine.
- Author BiographyMel Tappan was a survival consultant, freelance writer, lecturer, and survival editor of Soldier of Fortune magazine. His interest in firearms began at the age of 6 when he received his first .22 rifle. From that time, he was an avid shooter, student of weaponry, and outdoorsman. He was devoted to evaluating firearms, outdoor and survival equipment, storable foods, and communications devices in order to provide assistance, by means of his writings and public lectures, to people who see the value of self-sufficient living and long-term survival planning.
- Author(s)Mel Tappan
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Content Notephotos
- Weight860 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine0 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.