All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA handy Korean phrasebook and guide to the Korean language, Survival Korean contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around Korea. This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Korean in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Korean or travelling to Korea, it also contains a beginner guide to the Korean language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Korean than a typical Korean phrasebook or Korean dictionary. The book is broken into four basic sections: Common Korean Expressions and Key Words, Essential Korean Communication Tools, Korean Travel Vocabulary and Useful Korean Expressions, and Korean Pronunciation Guides for Key Korean Names and Signs. All Korean words and phrases are written in Romanized form as well phonetically, making prouncing Korean a breeze. For example, the word for Hello, Yoboseyo is also written as Yoe-boh-say-yoh. Authentic Korean script (Hangul) is also included so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with. Key features of Survival Korean include: Hundreds of useful Korean words and expressions. Up-to-date internet, mobile, and social media terms; An English;Korean index with more than 1,000 additional words and their pronunciation for quick reference. Romanised forms, phonetic spellings, and Korean script (Hangul) for all words and phrases. A concise background and history of the Korean language. An introduction to the Korean Alphabet. A pronunciation guide for Korean syllables. A guide to Korean grammar.
- Author BiographyBoye Lafayette De Mente has been involved with Japan, China, and Korea since the late 1940s as a member of a U.S. intelligence agency, student, trade journalist, editor, and author working out of Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, and Singapore. He is a graduate of Jochi University in Tokyo and The American Institute for Foreign Trade (now Thunderbird: The School of Global Management). His 70-plus books include Instant Korean, Instant Chinese, Survival Chinese, Survival Japanese, Asian Face Reading, Kata and Korean Business Etiquette.
- Author(s)Akiko Saito,Woojoo Kim
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notewith Manga illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width102 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.