Survival Tagalog: How to Communicate without Fuss or Fear - Instantly! by Joi Barrios (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA handy Tagalog phrasebook and guide to the official language of The Philippines, Survival Tagalog contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around. This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Tagalog in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Tagalog or travelling to the Philippines, it also contains a beginner guide to the Tagalog language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Tagalog than a typical Tagalog phrasebook or Tagalog dictionary. The book is broken into five basic sections: Common Tagalog Expressions and Key Words, Numbers and Counting in Tagalog, Tagalog Travel Vocabulary and Useful Tagalog Expressions, Filipi Geography Guide and Readings Signs in Tagalog, and Additional Tagalog Vocabulary Pronunciation Guides for Key Filipi Names and Signs. All Tagalog words and phrases are written in Tagalog as well phonetically, making prouncing Tagalog a breeze. For example, the word for good morning, Magandang umaga is also written as ma-gan-dang u-ma-ga. Since written Tagalog is included, in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with. This phrasebook includes:
- Hundreds of useful Tagalog words and expressions.
- An A-Z index with more than 1,000 additional words and their pronunciation, allowing the book to be used as an English to Tagalog dictionary.
- Romanized forms and phonetic spellings for all words and phrases.
- A concise background and history of the Tagalog People, Tagalog language and The Philippines.
- An introduction to the Tagalog and Filipi Alphabets.
- A pronunciation guide for speaking Tagolog.
- A guide to Tagalog grammar.
- Author BiographyJoi Barrios serves as a Lecturer teaching Filipino and Philippine Literature at the University of California, Berkeley while on leave as an Associate Professor from the University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD).
- Author(s)Joi Barrios
- PublisherPeriplus Editions
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- LanguageEnglish & Tagalog
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeriplus Editions
- Weight136 g
- Width102 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.