All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA handy Vietnamese phrasebook and guide to the Vietnamese language, Survival Vietnamese contains basic vocabulary necessary for getting around. This book contains all the necessary words and phrases for speaking Vietnamese in any kind of setting. Perfect for students, tourists, or business people learning Vietnamese or traveling to Vietnam, it also contains a beginner guide to the Vietnamese language, allowing for a deeper understanding of Vietnamese than a typical Vietnamese phrasebook or Vietnamese dictionary. The phrasebook book is broken into four basic sections: Common Vietnamese Expressions and Key Words, Essential Vietnamese Communication Tools, Vietnamese Travel Vocabulary, and making your own sentences. All Vietnamese words and phrases are written in Romanized form as well phonetically, making prouncing Vietnamese a breeze. Authentic Vietnamese script is also included so that in the case of difficulties the book can be shown to the person the user is trying to communicate with. This phrasebook includes:
- Hundreds of useful Vietnamese words and expressions.
- An A-Z index which allows the book to function as a English Vietnamese dictionary.
- Romanized forms, phonetic spellings, and Vietnamese script for all words and phrases.
- A concise background and history of the Vietnamese language.
- A complete guide to Vietnamese pronunciations.
- A concise guide to using Vietnamese tones.
- A brief introduction to Vietnamese grammar.
- Author BiographyBac Hoai Tran has been a language lecturer at UC Berkeley since 1992. He holds an M.A. in English with a concentration in linguistics. He is the author of the textbooks Conversational Vietnamese (1996u2013) and Anh Ngu Bao Chi (Newspaper English) (1993), and is a coauthor of Living with English (2001), the Vietnamese Dictionary & Phrasebook (2004), the Vietnamese Practical Dictionary (2010), and Colloquial Vietnamese (2012). He has also been the Vietnamese coordinator at the Southeast Asian Studies Summer Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Madison since 2000
- Author(s)Bac Hoai Tran
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication23/02/2015
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Weight136 g
- Width102 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- abdul_rahim0806 Oct, 2016by
Honestly terrible. Unless you have done vocab training, this book is useless.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.