All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wanted to visit Luxor or Cairo but, with Egyptian tourism in freefall and the country walking a tightrope between autocracy and democracy, who - first time traveller or returning visitor - wouldn't want a little guidance? Nile holidays are becoming popular again and, whether travelling solo or in a package tour, this is the book for you. There are maps, tables and the information your guides neglect. There's also the history they leave out; everything needed to make visiting this stunning but complex country as memorable as it can and should be. There's advice on keeping safe, bargaining, tipping and 'surviving' local hucksters and once bustling markets. From felucca sailing to baksheesh and touring by taxi, it's all covered. History, pyramids, scams, caleches, camel rides and simply saying 'No!'...everything's here in this insightful guide.
- Author BiographyThe author is a writer and journalist with contributions to the Observer, New Scientist, New Statesman, Daily Mirror, Middle East, Middle East Construction and Middle East Economic Digest. He also has several books to his credit. These include an illustrated history of the Vietnam War as well as publications on nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, cryptology and information security. Some years ago, hoping to cross one more thing off an ever-growing bucket list, he and his wife spent two weeks holiday in Luxor. In spite of-or just possibly because of-a lot of what he says in this book, he came back with a genuine fondness for the place. For his sins, he has now spent several weeks there most years since trying to work out why.
- Author(s)Brian B. Bacigalupo
- PublisherPegasus Elliot Mackenzie Publishers
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVanguard Press
- Content Noteblack and white photographs
- Weight327 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $56.13
- AU $13.17Trending at AU $14.62
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $31.60
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.