Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.58Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionDan Murphy is a Civil War veteran w serving in the Seventh Calvary. Led by Sergeant Jim Lawton, this squad of troopers from Fort Abraham Lincoln is a mixture of old hands and new recruits. The team includes Corporal Judd, a bigoted Bible-thumper; Sam Streeter, a glory-hungry New Englander; Jake Picard, a tough half-Indian from Chicago; and several others. Dan finds himself drawn to young Sam. Dan has spent years filled with regret due to his inability to save his brother in the tragic battle of Antietam. Now, he hopes to keep Sam alive in spite of the young man's idol worship of General Custer, who claims the Indians won't put up a fight. Following a lengthy march, their battalion attacks Little Bighorn. The Indians do fight back, however, and more than three hundred cavalrymen are forced onto a hill where they must defend themselves against fifteen hundred warriors. What's more, they have idea that General Custer is about to march to his death a mere four miles away. This proves to be the first of several confrontations for the Seventh Cavalry, and only time will tell how many of the men will live to share their tales.
- Author(s)J R Gregg
- Date of Publication21/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.