All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarson Harper hates life. Hates that she's fat and hates that her mother won't let her do anything because she might get hurt. On the last day of her junior year Carson leaves a te for her mother detailing her plan to escape to an outward bound camp - alone. She'll prove her strength to those mean kids at school who harassed her, and she'll show her mom she's t afraid to take a risk by doing something so big it will change everything. Ha, they'll all have the last laugh at Carson Harper. If only her mother had seen the te. If only a piece of space debris hadn't annihilated their home. At her outward bound camp in Colorado, Carson becomes lost in the midst of a forest fire and embarks on a survival-of-the fittest journey as she searches for home and finds herself. SURVIVING LIFE is the story of how a teenager's brave decision to defy her mother and prove she can survive in the world, teaches both mother and daughter lessons about life and the marvelous and terrifying things that can happen as you give in to passion to live every minute to the fullest.
- Author BiographyI started writing to quell the little voices in my head. I always had a story or dialog sifting through my brain. Surviving Life is a story close to my heart. I love the character, Carson, because I know what it's like to be the invisible girl. Carson is strong, though she doesn't see herself that way. As a mom caution is my middle name. I'm pretty much like Bet, Carson's mom. Overprotective, micro-managing and I jump at my own shadow. My poor child was in a car seat until junior high. I see the world as one big safety hazard. When I'm not writing, I work as a Sonographer. I spend my days looking at cute babies. It's pretty fun most of the time. It was a great career to work in while I finished college with a degree in photography. My goal was to get my Master's degree in Bio-communication and become a Medical Illustrator. I was lucky enough to find a job right out of college as a Medical Photographer for a plaintiff's law firm. Interesting work. (never did get the Master's degree) Each case was different and I learned a lot about safety issues. Truck wrecks, plane crashes, malpractice, electrocution, you name it. As a photographer I saw some pretty awful stuff and worked in the field for seventeen years. No wonder I'm such a safety freak. I attended creative writing courses at Southern Methodist University and I'm a member of Romance Writers of America and the local chapter, Dallas Area Romance Authors. Surviving Life is one of four books I've finished. I hope you enjoy. You can find me on Facebook at Jeanne Skartsiaris, Author and Twitter, @jskartsiaris.
- Author(s)Jeanne Skartsiaris
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.