All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The book is an excellent edition to those already available in the area and provides a very practical guide that students can pick up and use for reference throughout their dissertation' - ESCalate Like the previous editions of this bestselling text, Surviving Your Dissertation: A Comprehensive Guide to Content and Process, Third Edition offers readers guidance that other dissertation guides often miss, from ways to improve one's writing, to identifying one's learning preferences, to dealing with emotional blocks. Using examples from a wide range of disciplines, the authors give readers expert advice on the entire dissertation process: selecting a suitable topic; conducting a literature review; managing data overload; building an argument; presenting the material, data, and results; and working with faculty committees. The entire text has been updated and fresh examples have been added to it. This edition features an up-to-the-minute discussion of online research and the use of software packages. The authors have expanded their coverage of qualitative work, and added information about the use of mixed methods to the book. These updates and more make the Third Edition of Surviving Your Dissertation a must have resource for graduate students. Key Features of the Third Edition: Walks readers through the dissertation process as an ideal mentor would. Devotes more attention to qualitative work, and touches upon mixed methods. Discusses online library resources and completing one's dissertation via the Internet. Features new material on the use of graphics. Includes information about informed consent forms.
- Author BiographyKjell Erik Rudestam is Professor of Psychology at Fielding Graduate University, Santa Barbara, California, where he served as Associate Dean of Academic Affairs for many years. He was previously a psychology professor at York University, Toronto, and Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, after receiving his PhD in Psychology (Clinical) from the University of Oregon. He is the author of Your Statistical Consultant: Answers to Your Data Analysis Questions, 2nd edition (also with Rae R. Newton), Handbook of Online Learning, 2nd edition (with Judith Schoenholtz-Read), and eight other books, as well as numerous articles in professional journals on topics including suicide, psychotherapy, and family and organizational systems. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 12), a Diplomate of the American Board of Examiners in Professional Psychology (Clinical), a Diplomate of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress, and holds an Honorary Doctorate of Science from The Professional School of Psychology. Rae R. Newton is Professor of Sociology Emeritus at California State University, Fullerton. He recently joined the faculty of the School of Psychology at Fielding Graduate University where he serves as a research consultant and statistical advisor to doctoral students and faculty. He received his PhD in sociology from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and completed postdoctoral training in mental health measurement at Indiana University. His primary interests include longitudinal modeling of outcomes for high risk youth and foster care populations, family violence and statistics education. He is author, with Kjell Erik Rudestam, of Your Statistical Consultant: Answers to Your Data Analysis Questions, now in its second edition and numerous articles in professional journals on topics including family violence, child maltreatment, and measurement. In semi-retirement he enjoys traveling with his wife in their RV and surfing throughout Mexico and Central America.
- Author(s)Kjell Erik Rudestam,Rae R. Newton
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight652 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.