Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHow does one become an effective superintendent of schools? There is simple formula as the turver rate reflects the difficulty of the position. Some maintain that the job cant be done well due to politics, financial constraints, and time demands. Former superintendent Stephen Dlott rejects this negative view. In this highly readable, informative, and entertaining volume, he presents a positive perspective of what superintendents need to do to become successful. Here, he reflects on predicaments he has encountered and then analyzes the event in the context of similar situations that modern American Presidents have encountered. A combination of sensitivity and humor, this book offers practical solutions to the daily challenges that confront administrators. Surviving and Thriving as a Superintendent of Schools is a must read for practicing and aspiring superintendents and people who wish to understand the complexities of the position and the strategies needed to succeed.
- Author BiographyStephen Dlott served as a school administrator for more than thirty years. Before retiring, he served as superintendent, assistant superintendent, principal, and assistant principal.
- Author(s)Stephen Dlott
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width145 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byRoland S. Barth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.