All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionAmong Holocaust survivor stories, Eva Kor's experience as a 10-year-old guinea pig of Dr. Josef Mengele in Auschwitz is exceptional. It is the story of a child facing extraordinary evil and cruelty, written for young teens and ending with an uplifting message. Eva Mozes Kor was just 10 years old when she arrived in Auschwitz. While her parents and two older sisters were taken to the gas chambers, she and her twin, Miriam, were herded into the care of the man kwn as the Angel of Death, Dr. Josef Mengele. Subjected to sadistic medical experiments, she was forced to fight daily for her and her twin's survival. In this incredible true story written for young adults, readers will learn of a child's endurance and survival in the face of truly extraordinary evil. The book also includes an epilogue on Eva's recovery from this experience and her remarkable decision to publicly forgive the Nazis. Through her museum and her lectures, she has dedicated her life to giving testimony on the Holocaust, providing a message of hope for people who have suffered, and working for causes of human rights and peace.
- Author BiographyEva Mozes Kor is a recognized speaker, both in the US and internationally, on topics related to the Holocaust, human rights, and medical ethics. She has been covered in numerous media outlets and is the subject of a documentary, Forgiving Dr. Mengele. Lisa Rojany Buccieri has written over 100 children's books, including several award-winning and bestselling titles. She is also a publisher executive and editor with over 20 years of experience in the industry. Lisa lives with her family in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Eva Mozes Kor,Lisa Rojany Buccieri
- PublisherTanglewood Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationTerre Haute, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTanglewood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementFirst Trade Paper Edition
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.