Surviving the Shadows: A Journey of Hope Into Post-Traumatic Stress by Bob Delaney (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilled with examples of courage, wisdom, and invation, Surviving the Shadows is a must-read for anyone in the military, anyone associated with the military, or anyone protected by the military. -Nate Self, Army Ranger, Captain (ret.), decorated Iraq and Afghanistan War hero, author of Two Wars: One Hero's Fight on Two Fronts-Abroad and Within The news Bob Delaney brings...is poignant, up-to-date, well earned, and maybe lifesaving: You are t alone; sharing yourself with others can transform your very existence. -James S. Gordon, M.D., author of Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression Bob Delaney was very effective in addressing our personnel...His perspective as a former law enforcement officer who suffered through PTSD was eye-opening and comforting for our men and women. -Jane E . Castor, Chief of Police, City of Tampa Police Department Surviving the Shadows is a must-read for all those who serve their city, county, state, or country. Post-Traumatic Stress for too long has been treated like a secret-this book helps to remove that stigma and provides education, awareness, and hope. -Don O'Leary, New York City Fire Department Captain (retired) We are all touched by PTSD in some way-husbands and wives, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, families and friends. Too often we have questions without answers, or don't kw where to turn for help. But the truth is, what we really need is each other. Surviving the Shadows is an uplifting journey through powerful and inspiring stories-marked by perseverance and personal courage-about an array of people who have suffered directly or indirectly from Post-Traumatic Stress. Along the way, PTSD education and awareness leader Bob Delaney introduces you to medical experts who have developed groundbreaking methods in dealing with the disorder, and profiles one-of-a-kind programs around the country devoted to assisting PTSD sufferers. The first step to healing is one person away. The stories within Surviving the Shadows will help you understand the truth about Post-Traumatic Stress, and how we can help each other overcome it every day.
- Author(s)Bob Delaney
- PublisherSourcebooks, Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNaperville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSourcebooks, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byRobert W Cone
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.