All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome days are more memorable than others. As pregnant Molly enjoys an early morning walk on an Oahu beach, she suddenly sees planes flying overhead. Her heart seems to stop as she tices the markings on the planes. Her muscles seem to desert her, leaving her motionless. Even her unborn baby makes move. What has started as a beautiful day has w turned into the beginning of an unimagined nightmare. It is December 7, 1941. Fear overcomes Molly as she runs to her cottage, screaming for help. As the other residents in the small homes are awakened by the planes and her cries, everyone is transfixed as they look upward. Confusion soon turns to horror as the planes reach Kaneohe Naval Air Base, and the sound of explosions and gunfire fill the air. While some go to the base to help, Molly and Ed, along with others, evacuate their homes and head for the mountains with idea of what to expect. Everything is about to change forever. Based on extensive research, Suspended narrates the impact on the civilian residents living in Hawaii after the bombing, including martial law restrictions, friendships, and, for some, adventure.
- Author(s)Linda Lani Jacobsen
- Date of Publication21/02/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.