Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionContained within the pages of this book are the stories behind some of the most torious murders in Sussex's history. Based upon contemporary documents and illustrations, Johnnie Johnson re-examines some of the crimes that shocked t only the county but Britain as a whole. Among the gruesome cases featured here are the mystery man who shot his wife and three children in a house in Eastbourne, the Chief Constable who was bludgeoned to death in his own police station; the fearsome gang of smugglers who tortured and buried one of their two victims alive and threw the second to his death down a well; and the waiter who danced away the days while his lady friend's body lay mouldering in a trunk in his lodgings. All manner of murder and mystery is featured here, and this book is sure to be a must-read for true crime enthusiasts everywhere.
- Author BiographyW.H. Johnson, a former headmaster and schools inspector, has written many articles and books on local history, crime and criminals including Sussex Villains (Countryside, 2003) and Sussex Tales of Mystery and Murder (Countryside 2002). He is an experienced searcher-after-the-truth behind criminal cases from across Sussex.
- Author(s)W. H. Johnson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSutton True Crime History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight410 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.