All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines state-of-the-art techniques for using recycled materials for structural concrete production, and explores the use of concrete with metallurgical slag, rheology of fresh recycled concrete, and life-cycle analysis of building materials. It reviews recent codes, guidelines and practices for using recycled materials in structural concrete application, and presents research recently carried out by the authors. Focusing on techniques that limit the environmental impacts of the concrete industry, the text explores the use of recycled components in the place of virgin aggregates and ordinary binders. Chapters focus on topics including processing procedures, mixture proportioning, mechanical properties, durability and structural applications. Providing a valuable resource to engineering postgraduates and researchers, this book is also intended for civil engineers, geologists, and concrete engineers.
- Author BiographyCarlo Pellegrino is Full Professor of Structural Analysis and Design at the Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering of the University of Padova, Italy. He was coordinator/scientist-in-charge of several national and international research projects mainly in the field of assessment of existing structures, seismic behaviour of structures and bridges in particular, innovative materials for strengthening/retrofitting existing structures and new concrete applications mainly related to the use of recycled components. He was Chairman of the RILEM Technical Committee 234-DUC Design procedures for the use of composites in strengthening of Reinforced Concrete structures and member of several other Technical Committees. Pellegrino is also a member of the Editorial Advisory Committee of the international journal Materials and Structures (Springer) and other international journals. He is author of over 250 scientific publications, many of them in referred international journals. Flora Faleschini is a Postdoctoral Research fellow at the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Padova, Italy, where she achieved a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering Sciences. Her research interests include structural behavior of reinforced concrete structures, mechanical and durability properties of concretes with recycled components, including recycled aggregates, slag and supplementary cementing materials, LCA analysis, concrete damage and deterioration, maintenance of relevant/strategic RC structures, fresh concrete rheology. She is a reviewer for a number of international journals and author of several scientific publications, many of them in referred International Journals.
- Author(s)Carlo Pellegrino,Flora Faleschini
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, 20 colour tables, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.