Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal ecomic growth, recently fuelled by Asia's emerging ecomies, has greatly accelerated the accumulation of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and boosted demand for scarce natural resources, including energy, food and mineral raw materials. These developments are pushing the planet close to its ecological boundaries. Transforming the world ecomy towards sustainability, while ensuring decent levels of resource use for all global citizens, is the greatest challenge of our time. This book explores how invation systems need to be adapted to successfully confront these challenges. The first chapter introduces the concept of sustainability-oriented invation systems which highlights the systematic differences between systems that have developed along current resource-intensive techlogical trajectories and those that address the impending environmental mega-problems. The subsequent articles present case studies of sustainability-oriented invations in a number of policy areas, including energy efficiency, electric mobility and generation of renewable energy, in China and India. These case studies confirm the specificities of invation systems geared towards a green tech-ecomic paradigm. This book was originally published as a special issue of Invation and Development.
- Author BiographyTilman Altenburg is an economic geographer and Head of the Sustainable Economic and Social Development Department at the German Development Institute, Germany. Since 1986 he has carried out empirical research and published books and journal articles on issues of competitiveness, industrial and innovation policy, SME promotion and value chain development.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight453 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byTilman Altenburg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.