All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reference on sustainability, social responsibility, and green practices in hospitality and tourism, this book presents invative research methods in sustainability, state-of-the-art research by leading internationally recognized scholars on this topic, providing an excellent source of quality research. Readers can expect to find several new ways to pursue research in sustainability.The book covers sustainability in the context of public policy and ethics, a popular topic with universal appeal to many disciplines beyond hospitality. It includes case studies and addresses sustainability issues from hotels, restaurants, tourism, travel, meetings, and others, with authors from all five continents.
- Author BiographyH. G. Parsa, PhD, holds the Barron Hilton Chair in Lodging and is a Professor of Hospitality Management at the University of Denver. He earned a PhD in hospitality management from Virginia Tech, two MS degrees, and a Food Management Professional (FMP) diploma. Currently he serves as an Associate Editor for the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research (JHTR). He also held responsibilities as a Co-Editor for a special issue of Cornell Hospitality Quarterly focusing on Sustainability and Innovation. He was the founding Editor-In-Chief of Journal of Foodservice Business Research. In 2005-2006, he received a Fulbright Visiting Scholar Fellowship to evaluate hospitality education in India and to recommend to the Indian government ways to enhance graduate education in hospitality management. He has published numerous research papers in business and hospitality journals. He serves on the editorial boards of several academic journals and has presented papers nationally and internationally in Australia, Canada, Caribbean Islands, China, Curacao, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Puerto Rico, Serbia, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan and Turkey. His research was quoted in the popular press, radio and television including the Business Week, Fortune, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, local affiliates of ABC, PBS and CBS and over 35 regional newspapers. His research interests include sustainability and green practices in hospitality, pricing strategies in hospitality; analysis of factors that contribute to small-business failure/success; strategic marketing in hospitality; franchising and multi-unit restaurant chain management; and changing American food habits. He is a member of professional organizations such as Council of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education and the Society for Consumer Psychology. In 2011, he received the John Wiley & Sons Lifetime Research Achievement award from the International CHRIE. He also received Best Paper awards at the International CHRIE and also at the Euro-CHRIE. He received John Wiley & Sons Teaching Innovation Award and Bradford Wiley Excellence in Research Award in 2006 and 2000. Earlier he received the President's Award for Excellence in Research and Creativity presented by the State University of New York College - Buffalo. Prior to joining academia, Dr. Parsa has spent more than a decade in senior level management positions in the hospitality industry, working with several national and regional organizations. He served on the executive board of the Central Ohio Restaurant Association and the Ohio Restaurant Association. He also served on the consumer advisory board of the Columbus, Ohio Health Department. Currently he is active with the various hospitality organizations in Colorado, USA. Dr. Vijaya Narapareddy, PhD, is Associate Professor of management in the Daniels College of Business, where she teaches Strategic Management, Doing Business in China and India, International Management and Global Social Entrepreneurship. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Enterprise Ethics. Dr. Narapareddy received her PhD in business administration from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois. A gold medalist from Sri JCBM College, and an award-winning teacher, scholar and reviewer, Dr. Narapareddy has published numerous case studies and articles in business and hospitality fields. She is president and co-founder of ITBC, Inc., an international technology and business consulting firm and an advisory board member of Lutz Lutz, a Franco-Chilean company. She serves on the editorial review boards of two leading American case journals, the Case Research Journal and the Journal of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) Education: Innovations and Research. In addition, Dr. Narapareddy serves as a reviewer for several professional associations and foundations in North America. She is currently the vice president of Program
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note73 black & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byH. G. Parsa,Vijaya Narapareddy
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.