Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $97.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.96+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorld trade in agriculture, with its massive subsidies, restrictive barriers, international collaboration and competition, and the livelihoods of millions of farmers worldwide at stake, is an emotive subject that often provokes heated debate. So how can sustainability in agriculture be addressed whilst taking these issues into account? Sustainability in Agriculture presents an authoritative and balanced overview of many of the key factors that impact upon world agricultural practices. The aim is to throw light on the subject and so generate informed and rational discussion of the topics which so often generate powerful emotions. Fully referenced, and with sources of further reading given, the contributions from experts from around the globe cover: *Free trade *Fair and unfair trade *GM crops *The use of pesticides *Change in land use and sustainable development *Ecomic consequences of recent changes in the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Union A balanced analysis of risks and benefits is also provided, taking into account the ecomic and social impacts as well as the science of the vel practices discussed. The timeliness of this book, discussing as it does many hotly debated issues, make it essential reading for all those having an interest in the future of agriculture worldwide, but especially farmers and students of farming, environmental scientists, government agencies and policy makers. Cover image courtesy of Professor Jules Pretty.
- Author BiographyThe series has been edited by Professors Hester and Harrison since it began in 1994. Professor Roy Harrison OBE is listed by ISI Thomson Scientific (on ISI Web of Knowledge) as a Highly Cited Researcher in the Environmental Science/Ecology category. He has an h-index of 54 (i.e. 54 of his papers have received 54 or more citations in the literature). In 2004 he was appointed OBE for services to environmental science in the New Year Honours List. He was profiled by the Journal of Environmental Monitoring (Vol 5, pp 39N-41N, 2003). Professor Harrison's research interests lie in the field of environment and human health. His main specialism is in air pollution, from emissions through atmospheric chemical and physical transformations to exposure and effects on human health. Much of this work is designed to inform the development of policy. Now an emeritus professor, Professor Ron Hester's current activities in chemistry are mainly as an editor and as an external examiner and assessor. He also retains appointments as external examiner and assessor / adviser on courses, individual promotions, and departmental / subject area evaluations both in the UK and abroad.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleIssues in Environmental Science and Technology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 21
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byR. E. Hester,R. M. Harrison
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.