All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for use in engineering design courses, and as a reference for industry professionals learning sustainable design concepts and practical methods, Sustainability in Engineering Design focuses on designers as the driving force behind sustainable products. This book introduces sustainability concepts and explains the application of sustainable methods to the engineering design process. The book also covers important design topics such as project and team management, client management, performance prediction, and the social and environmental effects of sustainable engineering design. These concepts and methods are supported with a wealth of worked examples, discussion questions, and primary case studies to aid comprehension. It applies research-based methods to achieve real-world results for rapidly evolving industry trends. It focuses on design engineers as the starting point of creating sustainable design. It provides practical methods and design tools to guide engineering designers in creating sustainably designed and engineering products. It incorporates all aspects of sustainable engineering design, including the material selection, production, and marketing of products. It includes cutting-edge sustainable design model case studies based on the authors' own research and experiences.
- Author BiographyAnthony Johnson is an experienced Design Engineer and Educator responsible for Engineering Design in the Department of Engineering and Technology at the University of Huddersfield. He is also a U.K. Chartered Engineer (C. Eng) with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Professor Johnson is a prolific design consultant (with over 400 projects to date), educational consultant, and recent committee member with the British Standards Institute. Andy Gibson is the Managing Director of Segelocum Ltd, a customer-focused designed education consultancy firm. Andrew has worked in product development and customer liaison, moving on onto export sales and marketing and thence into the management of international subsidiaries of UK-based engineering companies. In recent years, Mr. Gibson has developed a consultancy-based business working with clients to penetrate new markets, focusing on sustainability relating to international trade training.
- Author(s)Andy Gibson,Anthony Johnson
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc.(London) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight885 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.