Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry: Principles of Sustainable Operations by Philip Sloan, Joseph S. Chen, Willy Legrand (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSustainability is one of the single most important global issues facing the world. A clear understanding of the issues surrounding climate change, global warming, air and water pollution, ozone depletion, deforestation, the loss of biodiversity and global poverty is essential for every future manager in the hospitality industry. Present and future hospitality executives need to kw how sustainable management systems can be integrated into their businesses while maintaining and hopefully improving the bottom line. Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry, second edition, is the only book available to introduce the students to ecomic, environmental and social sustainable issues specifically facing the industry as well as exploring ideas, solutions, and strategies of how to manage operations in a sustainable way. Since the first edition of this book there have been many important developments in this field and this second edition has been updated in the following ways: * updated content to reflect recent issues and trends including hotel energy solutions and green hotel design * two new chapters on 'Sustainable Food' and 'Social Entrepreneurship and Social Value' * updated international case studies throughout to explore key issues and show real life operational responses to sustainability within the hospitality industry. New case studies on growth hotel development markets, Asia and the Middle East * new practical exercises throughout to apply your kwledge to real-life sustainability scenarios. This accessible and comprehensive account of Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry is essential reading for all students and future managers.
- Author BiographyPhilip Sloan Department of Hospitality Management, International University of Applied Sciences, Bad Honnef, Bonn, Germany. Willy Legrand Department of Hospitality Management, International University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef, Bonn, Germany. Joseph S. Chen Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Studies, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.
- Author(s)Joseph S. Chen,Philip Sloan,Willy Legrand
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations, 17 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 56 black & white halftones, 17 colour line drawings
- Weight771 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.