All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book evaluates and discusses the main sustainability challenges encountered in the production of biofuel and bio-products from oil palm biomass. It starts off with the emphasis on oil palm production, oil palm products recovery and oil palm wastes utilization. The simultaneous production of these bio-products for sustainable development is discussed. This is followed by the key factors defining the sustainability of biofuel and bio-product production from oil palm biomass. The environmental issues including ecological, life cycle assessment and environmental impact assessment of oil palm plantation, milling and refining for the production of biofuels and bio-products are presented. Socio-ecomic and thermodynamic analysis of the production processes are also evaluated using various sustainability assessment tools such as exergy. Lastly, methods of improving biofuel production systems for sustainable development are highlighted.
- Author BiographyDr. Lee Keat Teong is currently an associate professor at the School of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia. Up to date, he has published more than 120 research articles in various international peer-reviewed journals. He has also received numerous recognitions at national and international levels. Currently he is working on the production of biofuels (biodiesel and bioethanol) from biomass (mainly oil palm biomass) using various technologies. Apart from that, he also has special interest on the social and sustainability aspects of biofuels. Cynthia Ofori-Boateng is currently a PhD student at the Chemical Engineering Department, Universiti Sains Malaysia. She has almost seven years of working experience both in the industries and academic institutions. She has attended many International conferences, published a number of articles and completed numerous research projects related to renewable energy and waste management.
- Author(s)Cynthia Ofori-Boateng,Keat Teong Lee
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Notebiography
- Weight678 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.