Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSustainability of Construction Materials, Second Edition, explores an increasingly important aspect of construction. In recent years, serious consideration has been given to environmental and societal issues in the manufacturing, use, disposal, and recycling of construction materials. This book provides comprehensive and detailed analysis of the sustainability issues associated with these materials, mainly in relation to the constituent materials, processing, recycling, and lifecycle environmental impacts. The contents of each chapter reflect the individual aspects of the material that affect sustainability, such as the preservation and repair of timber, the use of cement replacements in concrete, the prevention and control of metal corrosion and the crucial role of adhesives in wood products.
- Author BiographyJamal Khatib is a Professsor of Civil Engineering (Construction Materials) in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Wolverhampton, UK. His research interests are mainly in the area of sustainable construction/structural materials subjected to different environmental conditions, and the use of waste and novel materials in construction applications.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight1340 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Edited byJamal Khatib
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.