All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable Business: Key Issues is the first comprehensive introductory-level textbook to address the interface between environmental challenges and business solutions to provide an overview of the basic concepts of sustainability, sustainable business, and business ethics. The book introduces students to the background and key issues of sustainability and suggests ways in which these concepts can be applied in business practice. Though the book takes a business perspective, it is interdisciplinary in its nature and draws on kwledge from socio-ecomic, political, and environmental studies, thereby providing a practical and critical understanding of sustainability in the changing paradigm of global business. It goes beyond the conventional theories of sustainability and addresses critical issues concerned with population, consumption and ecomic growth. It discusses realistic ways forward, in particular the Circular Ecomy and Cradle to Cradle frameworks. The book is both a theoretical and practical study guide for undergraduate and postgraduate international students of broad areas of sustainability, teaching ways to recognize opportunities for invation and entrepreneurship at the intersection of environmental, ecomic, ethical, and social systems. It takes a strategic approach in applying the power of business methods and policy to address issues of global importance such as climate change, poverty, ecosystem degradation and human rights. This textbook is essential reading for students of business, management and sustainability courses. It is written in an engaging and accessible style, with each chapter including case studies, discussion questions, end of chapter summaries and suggestions for further reading.
- Author BiographyHelen Kopnina is based at The Hague University of Applied Science, the Netherlands, as a coordinator of the Sustainable Business program and researcher of environmental education. Her books include Environmental Anthropology Today (Routledge 2011) and Environmental Anthropology: Future Directions (Routledge 2013). John Blewitt is Co-Director of the MSc Social Responsibility and Sustainability at Aston Business School, Aston University, UK. His books include The Ecology of Learning (Earthscan-Routledge 2006), Searching for Resilience in Sustainable Development (Earthscan-Routledge 2013), the four volume major work, Sustainable Development (Routledge 2013), and Understanding Sustainable Development (second edition: Earthscan-Routledge 2014).
- Author(s)Helen Kopnina,John Blewitt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/08/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKey Issues in Environment and Sustainability
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 30 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.