All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe leading green building reference, updated with the latest advances in the field Sustainable Construction is the leading reference for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings. With broad coverage including architecture, engineering, and construction, this book nevertheless delivers detailed information on all aspects of the green building process, from materials selection to building systems and more. This new fourth edition has been updated to reflect the latest codes and standards, including LEED v4, and includes new coverage of carbon accounting. The discussion has been updated to align with the current thinking on ecomics, climate change, net zero buildings, and more, with contributions by leaders in the field that illustrate the most recent shifts in thinking and practice. Ancillary materials including an instructor's manual and PowerPoint presentations for each chapter help bring this clear and up-to-date information into the classroom, making this book a valuable reference for working construction professionals. Also, Interactive graphics found throughout the course help activate the content and highlight key concepts for students. Sustainable construction has gone mainstream, and will one day be the industry rm. This book provides a comprehensive reference to all aspects of a project to show you how green building concepts and principles apply throughout the design and construction process. * Get up to date on the latest green building codes and standards * Learn about the newest techlogy in green building materials * Adopt the best practices in procurement and delivery systems * Apply sustainability concepts to all aspects of construction and design Green buildings operate at a very high level of efficiency, which is made possible only by careful consideration every step of the way. Appropriate land use, landscaping, construction materials, siting, water use, and more all play a role in a structure's ultimate carbon footprint. Sustainable Construction provides clear guidance for all aspects of green building, including the most recent advances and the latest techlogy.
- Author BiographyCharles Kibert Ph.D., P.E. is the Director of the Powell Center for Construction and Environment at the University of Florida and a professor in the M.E. Rinker Sr. School of Building Construction, where he organized and teaches the Sustainable Construction graduate track as well as continuing education. He is co-founder and president of the Cross Creek Initiative, a nonprofit industry/university joint venture bringing sustainability principles into the construction industry. Formerly co-chair of the Curriculum and Accreditation Committee of the U. S. Green Building Council, he is currently a chair of the iiSBE Net Zero Built Environment Working Group and a board member of the Green Building Initiative.
- Author(s)Charles J. Kibert
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/04/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2114 g
- Width220 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.