All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat drives developed countries' high rates of energy and resource consumption? How important are individual efforts versus techlogical or social invations for environmental sustainability? A multidisciplinary study combining social science, energy analysis, and risk communication, this work occupies a unique niche in the literature. Few treatments of energy and the environment approach the problem through the larger social science framework of sustainable consumption, while sociological studies of consumption eschew quantitative modelling. This book incorporates both, using theories, research, and computer-aided interviews to illustrate the range and relative effectiveness of interventions that support sustainable energy consumption. Based on award-winning research at the Swiss Federal Institute of Techlogy, this book should be of interest to academics, agencies, and activists working on the interaction of energy, the environment, and society. It is also readily accessible to the group it is primarily concerned with the educated lay public.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Goldblatt was awarded the 2003 ETH Medal for Outstanding Doctoral Work. He is currently a science and Technology Policy Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Author(s)David L. Goldblatt
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/02/2005
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAlliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight627 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.