All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith this book, Robin Guenther and Gail Vittori show us how critical our green building mission is to the future of human health and secures a lasting legacy that will continue to challenge and focus the green building movement, the healthcare industry, and the world for years to come. From the Foreword by Rick Fedrizzi, President, CEO and Founding Chair, U.S. Green Building Council INDISPENSABLE REFERENCE FOR THE FUTURE OF SUSTAINABLE HEALTHCARE DESIGN Written by a leading healthcare architect named one of Fast Company's 100 most creative people in business and a sustainability expert recognized by Time magazine as a Green Invator, Sustainable Healthcare Architecture, Second Edition is fully updated to incorporate the latest sustainable design approaches and information as applied to hospitals and other healthcare facilities. It is the essential guide for architects, interior designers, engineers, healthcare professionals, and administrators who want to create healthy environments for healing. Special features of this edition include: *55 new project case studies, including comparisons of key sustainability indicators for general and specialty hospitals, sub-acute and ambulatory care facilities, and mixed-use buildings * New and updated guest contributor essays spanning a range of health-focused sustainable design topics * Evolving research on the value proposition for sustainable healthcare buildings * Profiles of five leading healthcare systems and their unique sustainability journeys, including the UK National Health Service, Kaiser Permanente, Partners HealthCare, Providence Health & Services, and Gundersen Health System * Focus on the intersection of healthcare, resilience, and a health promotion imperative in the face of extreme weather events * Comparison of healthcare facility-focused green building rating systems from around the world Sustainable Healthcare Architecture, Second Edition is an indispensable resource for anyone interested in the design, construction, and operation of state-of-the-art sustainable healthcare facilities.
- Author BiographyROBIN GUENTHER, FAIA, LEED AP, a principal with Perkins + Will in New York City, is a leader in the design of sustainable, high-performance healing environments. GAIL VITTORI, LEED Fellow, co-director of the Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems in Austin, Texas, is a pioneer in green building protocols, policies, and prototypes.
- Author(s)Gail Vittori,Robin Guenther
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- Series TitleWiley Series in Sustainable Design
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolor illustrations, color maps
- Weight1204 g
- Width204 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.