Sustainable Renovation: Strategies for Commercial Building Systems and Envelope by Chris Duncan, Lisa Gelfand (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $105.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $131.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete resource on performing sustainable revations for both Historic and modern existing buildings This forward-looking and insightful guide explores how the sustainable revation of existing buildings presents great opportunities for initiating extensive changes in the performance of the built environment. Great examples of existing building upgrades are examined, illustrating how to do sustainable revations, along with current design approaches for radically improving the functionality of existing prewar, postwar, and late modern buildings. Sustainable Revation saves its key focus for institutional and commercial buildings, but discusses the challenges they pose within a global scope that encompasses all building practices. Some of the discussions in this book include: * The significance of energy and resource demands by the building sector and the urgency of reducing loads in existing buildings * Management, design, and construction approaches to achieve major modernization in occupied buildings * International case studies that focus on methods and benefits of successful sustainable transformations of existing building performance Repurposing buildings to preserve style and add performance remains a work in progress as designers and builders discover new methods for improving sustainable practices and standards. With incremental modernization and operations strategies available for immediate implementation, this book demonstrates the different ways of thinking necessary when considering and attempting the integration of sustainable concepts into existing buildings and enables readers to rethink the world that's built around them.
- Author BiographyLisa Gelfand, FAIA, LEED-AP, one of the preeminent experts in green design and construction, is Managing Principal of Gelfand Partners Architects (gelfand-partners.com) in San Francisco. With more than three decades of experience, Gelfand has been involved in all aspects of a project, including project management, design, planning, marketing, and staff management. Her firm has designed many award-winning sustainable buildings and renovations. Chris Duncan, AIA, LEED-AP, has two decades of experience and is a principal and senior staff manager at Gelfand Partners Architects. Duncan has managed project teams through all phases of design and construction. He has special expertise in educational and residential design, particularly the modernization of early twentieth-century buildings. He is also involved in a variety of community and professional service projects.
- Author(s)Chris Duncan,Lisa Gelfand
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- Series TitleWiley Series in Sustainable Design
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight855 g
- Width203 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.