All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShale oil and gas have altered the energy landscape, possibly permanently. They burst upon the fossil energy scene with a suddenness that initially defied prediction. Even the political balance of the world has changed. But, with the methods employed, the vast majority of the oil and gas remains in the ground. At the same time, serious environmental impact issues have been raised. A new volume in the Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry series, Sustainable Shale Oil and Gas Production: Analytical, Biochemical, and Geochemical Methods was written on the premise that analytical methods to inform these areas were wanting. While t attempting to be comprehensive, it describes important analytical methods, some still in development. These methods are underpinned primarily by chemistry, but geochemistry and even biochemistry play significant roles. The book has a solutions flavor; problems are posed together with approaches to ameliorate them.
- Author BiographyVikram Rao is the executive director of RTEC, and assumed this position on September 1, 2008. Rao spent 9 years with Halliburton and another 25 with predecessor companies. Most recently, he served as senior vice president and chief technology officer, responsible for Halliburton's technology effort as well as intellectual asset management. He joined a predecessor company in 1974 as a senior research engineer. Dr. Rao advises the non-profit RTI International and venture capitalist Energy Ventures AS, and firms BioLargo Inc., Global Energy Talent Ltd.,. Biota Technology Inc., Melior Innovations Inc. and Eastman Chemicals Company. He is a past Chairman of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission. Rao is the author of more than 30 publications and has been awarded 40 United States patents and foreign analogs in fields that include non-ferrous metal refining, alloy formulations, and oil and gas technology. RTI Press released his book Shale Gas: the Promise and the Peril in July 2012, and a revised second edition in 2015. Rao earned a doctorate degree and a master's in engineering from Stanford University, and holds a bachelor's degree in engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras in Chennai, India. Rob Knight is a Professor in the Biological Sciences Graduate Program at the University of California San Diego. He received his Ph.D. from Princeton University. His research interests include the human microbiome, microbial community ecology, and multi-omics analyses. His current areas of focus are bioinformatics and glycobiology.
- Author(s)Brian Stoner,Rob Knight,Vikram Rao
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Weight320 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.