All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcotourism is an effective way for businesses in a tourism destination to have a positive impact on their host community. Whether the business in question is an experience provider, a lodging facility, a product-based company, or anything in between, this handbook provides the proper guidelines for sustainable and responsible business practices that promote the preservation of natural resources and wildlife and contribute to the socio-cultural and ecomic growth of the local community. This handbook is intended to be used by small and medium businesses, including those under development, entrepreneurs, and organizations in the tourism industry as a resource and a guide to adopt specific actions to become more sustainable and successful.
- Author BiographyPamela Lanier has been working with small lodging properties and tourism focused communities for the past 25 years, since she started Bed and Breakfasts, Inns, and Guesthouses International and the www.travelguides.com network. Ms. Lanier has a deep understanding and abiding respect for those who offer hospitality. For the past ten years she has been establishing herself as an expert in the eco-travel field and is a National Geographic Geo Ambassador. Pamela speaks at conferences worldwide- over 130 to date- on sustainable travel and rural tourism and consults internationally on these topics.
- Author(s)Dr Pamela Lanier
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.