All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionProtected areas are at the centre of nature-based tourism, which is increasingly popular across the world. As visitor numbers increase, so does awareness of the harmful effects that large crowds may have on both natural resources and individuals' recreational experience. This volume considers the challenge of transportation to and within natural and protected areas, the improvement of which has already been recognised as having great potential for mitigating the environmental impacts of ecotourism. While several books have focused considerable attention to the management of protected areas in general, little has been said about the specific issue of sustainable transport, an emerging trend that is already reshaping visitation patterns in natural settings. This book provides current kwledge on issues associated with the transportation of visitors in natural and protected areas, and a comprehensive overview of the technical and strategic options available to tackle these issues. It approaches the subject via three main topics: preferences, or the visitors' attitudes towards transportation; practices, where current approaches are assessed through examples and case-studies of successful experiences and methodologies from around the world; and policies, where suggestions and recommendations are put forward for both local scale strategies and broad-scale regulatory action with global relevance. Contributors include academics in the field of natural resource management and tourism, with extensive experience in protected area management and active partnerships with natural park administrations.
- Author BiographyFrancesco Orsi is Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography at Kansas State University, USA. Previously he was a post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Trento, Italy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Transport, Environment and Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note81 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 14 black & white halftones, 37 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFrancesco Orsi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.