All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the success of its first edition, the second edition of the Sustainable Urban Development Reader expands its selection of classic material on sustainable community development. As in the previous edition, it begins by tracing the roots of the sustainable development concept in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, before presenting classic readings on a number of dimensions of the sustainability concept. Topics covered include land use and urban design, transportation, ecological planning and restoration, energy and materials use, ecomic development, social and environmental justice, and green architecture and building. All sections have a concise editorial introduction that places the selection in context and suggests further reading. Additional sections cover tools for sustainable development, sustainable development internationally, visions of sustainable community and case studies from around the world. The book also includes educational exercises for individuals, university classes, or community groups, and an extensive list of recommended readings. The anthology remains unique in presenting a broad array of classic readings in this field, each with a concise introduction placing it within the context of this evolving discourse. It includes updated material on: * global warming * issues in less developed countries * ecotourism * prospects for sustainable development in China * megacities * case studies of sustainable development. The Sustainable Urban Development Reader presents an authoritative overview of the field using original sources in a highly readable format for university classes in urban studies, environmental studies, the social sciences, and related fields. It also makes a wide range of sustainable urban planning-related material available to the public in a clear and accessible way, forming an indispensable resource for anyone interested in the future of urban environments.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Wheeler is Assistant professor in the Department of Environmental Design at The University of California at Davis, and Timothy Beatley is Professor of Sustainable Communities in the school of Architecture at the university of Virginia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRoutledge Urban Reader Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/02/2016
- Content Note93 black & white illustrations, 65 black & white halftones, 28 black & white line drawings
- Weight1092 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byStephen M. Wheeler,Timothy Beatley
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.