All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelopment of advanced techlogies is a critical component in overcoming the looming water crisis. Stressing emerging techlogies and strategies that facilitate water sustainability for future generations, the second volume in the two-volume set Sustainable Water Management and Techlogies provides current and forthcoming techlogies research, development, and applications to help ensure availability of water for all. The book emphasizes emerging natechlogy, biotechlogy, and information techlogy applications as well as sustainable processes and products to protect the environment and human health, save water and energy, and minimize material use. It also discusses such topics as groundwater transport, protection, and remediation, industrial and wastewater treatment, reuse, and disposal, membrane techlogy for water purification and desalination, treatment and disposal in unconventional oil and gas development, biodegradation, and bioremediation for soil and water. * Stresses emerging techlogies and strategies that facilitate water sustainability. * Covers a wide array of topics including drinking water, wastewater, and groundwater treatment, protection, and remediation. * Discusses oil and gas drilling impacts and pollution prevention, membrane techlogy for water desalination and purification, biodegradation, and bioremediation for soil and water. * Details emerging natechlogy, biotechlogy, and information techlogy applications, as well as sustainable processes and products.
- Author BiographyDaniel H. Chen is professor at the Dan F. Smith Department of Chemical Engineering and holds the title of University Professor and University Scholar at Lamar University. He is the director of the Photocatalysis Lab and deputy director of the Process Engineering Center. Dr. Chen's areas of expertise are air/water pollution, nanostructured catalytic materials, and process modeling. He has published 4 book chapters and 37 articles and has given numerous presentations throughout the United States and worldwide. Since 2006, he has worked on a series of field sampling and water treatment projects aimed at improving the water quality of the Rio Grande Basin in south Texas. Dr. Chen holds a PhD in Chemical Engineering from Oklahoma State University. Dr. Chen has previously served as a shift supervisor in Hualon-Teijin Polyester Plant, Taiwan, as a project engineer at Chemical Engineering Consultants, Inc., Stillwater, Oklahoma, as a US Department of Energy research fellow at the National Energy Technology Laboratory in Morgantown, West Virginia, and as a US Army/Battelle faculty associate at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland. He also has served as session chair/co-chair of Sustainable Water Use and Management, Reaction Engineering for Combustion and Pyrolysis, and Liquid Phase Reaction Engineering at the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE). Dr. Chen is a registered professional engineer in the state of Texas.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note127 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byDaniel H. Chen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.