All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClearly, the rmal way of life is the opposite of genuine sustainability, and it has an expiration date. Any way of life that is fully in balance with the family of life must be genuinely sustainable, a healthy path with a future. At present, too few really comprehend this concept. It would be wise to learn, and Sustainable or Bust is a useful tool for the job. Seven-point-something billion people can't switch to sustainable living this afteron, because it's temporarily impossible. But the collapse of industrial civilization is w in its early stages, and when it's done, the human sphere will be much smaller, slower, and simpler. Decades down the road, many new options will become possible, including genuine sustainability. We could help our descendants find a more direct path to health and balance by learning about sustainability w, and sharing this wisdom with the young ones. There's never been a better time to hit the books and feed our minds - before the lights go out. Nothing can change until ideas change. My first book, What Is Sustainable, presented an introduction to genuine sustainability, with an emphasis on food. Sustainable or Bust is a collection of 64 book reviews, and 16 rants. It's a gallery of thinkers, scholars, and ideas that might make rmal minds itch and squirm. This book is for pilgrims who are awake, alive, and weary of rmal - minds hungry for outside-the-box ideas. I don't expect to see the end of the collapse. What the survivors, if any, choose to do is entirely beyond my control. I am t responsible for the decisions they make, but I am responsible for doing what I can to help them understand their history, predicament, and options. Who are we? Where are we from? How did we get here?
- Author BiographyRichard Adrian Reese is the author of What Is Sustainable. His primary focus is exploring genuine sustainability and ecological history. These are tremendously important subjects, and far too few understand them. He has a history degree from Western Michigan University, and he lives in Oregon.
- Author(s)Richard Adrian Reese
- Date of Publication17/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.