All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a textbook on preaching from an ecumenical perspective, covering the foundations and practice of preaching. In our rapidly changing world, Christian preaching is as important as ever, but makes even greater demands of the preacher than in the past. It is being challenged by new forms of worship and communication at a time when it is becoming more difficult for preachers to address the complex issues of modern life in relation to Christianity. This book is designed to help preachers to sustain themselves and each other in their work and to realize their full potential by helping them to re-affirm the importance of preaching by rehearsing its biblical and theological basis and to understand the cycles, dynamics and rhythms of their vocation and to engage with them constructively. It offers clear guidelines on how to construct a sermon and use contemporary professional support services throughout their preaching ministry and to develop their own support networks. So the book emphasizes what preachers themselves, personally and through supportive networks, can do to sustain and develop their preaching ministries.
- Author BiographyDr Neil G. Richardson was Tutor in New Testament Studies and later Principal of Wesley College, Bristol. He served as President of the British Methodist Conference in 2003-2004. George Lovell is a Methodist minister and consultant in the field of ministry and mission. He has published widely and was awarded a Lambeth Palace DD by the Archbishop of Canterbury in 2006.
- Author(s)George Lovell,Neil Richardson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/01/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.