All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first-ever enquiry into Swadeshi enterprise in Bengal exhaustively done in all fields such as textiles, drugs & chemicals, leather, shipping, tobacco, pottery, iron-foundry, match, stationary, banking, insurance etc. An important addition is a case study of PM Bagchi & Co. An analysis of the policy of the colonial government forms an important chapter. Problems of capital formation, investment, technical kw-how are discussed in detail. This work argues with a wealth of information that it is the aspect of self-reliance and contradiction with British imperialist capital. Rather than dependence on and collaboration with it that constitute the principal aspect in the process of the development of the small and middle Swadeshi bourgeoisie. This section of the Indian bourgeoisie though ecomically weak, represented national aspirations and sought to attain ecomic development, free from foreign control. It is a major reference work on a neglected, yet crucial period of ecomic transition in Bengal.
- Author BiographyAmit Bhattacharyya is a Professor of History at Jadavpur University, India. He has many books to his credit in different languages.
- Author(s)Amit Bhattacharyya
- PublisherReaders Service
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationKolkata
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintReaders Service
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.