All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSwahili Grammar and Workbook provides a practical and comprehensive companion to Swahili grammar, filling in gaps left by other textbooks. Presenting the essentials of Swahili grammar in a highly accessible fashion, it reduces complex language topics to helpful rules and mnemonic aids, enabling maximum grammar retention and accurate usage. Grammar points are followed by multiple examples and exercises, allowing students to consolidate and practice their learning. No prior kwledge of linguistic termilogy is required. Key features include: * Twenty five language tes covering key topics such as: personal prouns; the Swahili un class system; special class combinations; the imperative, the subjunctive, and the conditional moods; the use of comparatives; the use of mosyllabic verbs; the passive form and various other forms of verb extensions; the relative clause * Clear, detailed and jargon-free grammatical explanations supported by an assortment of helpful diagrams, charts and tables and many relevant and up-to-date examples * A wide range of communication-oriented exercises to reinforce learning and develop students' ability to use Swahili actively * Audio files to support pronunciation practice, clearly linked to relevant sections of the book and available for free download at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138808263/ * Four appendices, Swahili-English and English-Swahili vocabulary lists, a bibliography and an index presented at the back of the book for easy access to information. Written by a highly experienced instructor, Swahili Grammar and Workbook will be an essential resource for all students and teachers of Swahili. It is suitable for use both as a companion reference text in language courses and as a standalone text in independent grammar classes.
- Author BiographyFidele Mpiranya is Lecturer in Swahili and African Linguistics at the University of Chicago, USA.
- Author(s)Fidele Mpiranya
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note110 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.