All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionSwallowing difficulty or dysphagia is a common disorder and affects all age groups from the newborn to the elderly. Several medical conditions like lack of dentition, gastroesophageal reflux disease, eosiphilic esophagitis, cardiomegaly and strokes can cause dysphagia. It can also follow head -neck surgeries. It is important to diagse and treat dysphagia, otherwise it can lead to malnutrition and dehydration. Improved understanding of the physiology of swallowing, advances in endoscopic and radiological techniques along with an increasing elderly population has resulted in development of a separate swallowing disorders discipline. This book would be an aid for clinicians, educators and trainees from the fields of speech language pathology, pediatrics, otolaryngology, gastroenterology, oncology, neurology, geriatrics and rehabilitation, all of who form a part of the multidisciplinary swallowing team.
- Author BiographyDr Gauri Mankekar is a senior ENT consultant at PD Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai, India. She was the recipient of Dr Homi Modi award for research on allergic rhinitis and Dr Dhaygude award for best essay on Psycho-socio conditions of youth in India .
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, 10 colour tables, biography
- Weight523 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byGauri Mankekar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.