Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Mervale Smith, surgeon of the 85th New York Volunteer Infantry, faithfully kept a diary of his Civil War experiences. Smith's introspective musings cover matters both professional and personal, from the horror of battle and the almost equally terrible politics of war to his deepest longings and questions about love and spirituality. While some diarists wrote self-consciously, anticipating eventual publication of their words, Smith's entries, as author Thomas Lowry explains, are of such a personal and self-revelatory nature that we can reasonably conclude that he wrote to himself alone, as a sort of spiritual exercise of self-communication.
- Author BiographyDr. Thomas P. Lowry, MD, is a graduate of Stanford University. He has written numerous books on history and medicine and has taught at the University of California.
- Author(s)Thomas P. Lowry
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication15/08/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note23 b/w photos & 7 maps
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.