All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSwamp Water, the first vel by a young native of south Georgia, was an immediate critical and financial success. The setting is the mysterious Okefekee in southern Georgia-- the Swamp that pulled a man down and never let him go. Movie versions were made in 1941 (by Jean Reir) and in 1951.
- Author BiographyVereen Bell, Jr. has written an engaging foreword to this new edition, relating the deep significance of the novel to his father's life and to his own. Vereen Bell, Sr., was killed in action in World War II in 1944.
- Author(s)Vereen Bell
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleBrown Thrasher Books
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byJr Vereen Bell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $20.01Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $14.46Trending at AU $15.42
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.