All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn impoverished family are evicted from their country smallholding. They agree to go their separate ways for five years, then to meet again to reassess their fortunes. Swankiller, the thrusting eldest son, decides to try his luck in the big city. Homeless, jobless, penniless and eventually alone, he discovers the brutal undertow beneath the city's varied and beguiling surface. Steeped in the atmospere and folklore of Suffolk coastal towns, Swankiller describes a man's search for identity and happiness in a fallen world. A genuinely epic play, it was performed with a cast of fifty at Snape Maltings, Aldeburgh in 1996.
- Author BiographyDavid Drane has been a prolific writer and painter in Lowestoft for over thirty years. His plays include 'The Runners', 'Pale Performers', and 'Musicians Crossing the Bridge Without Their Instruments', for which he won the George Devine Award.
- Author(s)David Drane
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Playwrights
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.