All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn celebration of Swarovski's 120th anniversary, this is the first significant book on the premier maker of luxury crystals' rich collaborative history with fashion designers, filmmakers, artists, and designers. Swarovski's influence extends from haute couture collaborations to architecture, design, jewelry, and other disciplines in a rich display of cultural exchange with the most eminent designers of our time. The marriage of couture and crystals began at the House of Worth at the beginning of the twentieth century and continued for decades to follow with the leading fashion designers of our age, including Prada, Alexander McQueen, and Riccardo Tisci, who embellished their collections with Swarovski crystals season after season. Swarovski's collaborations have expanded to partnerships with architects and designers, including Tord Boontje, Hella Jongerius, and Yves Behar, and to compelling moments in cinematic and performance history. This stunning book features essays that position Swarovski as patron and invator, as well as a foreword by Nadja Swarovski, largely responsible for expanding the company's fashion profile.
- Author BiographyNadja Swarovski, a fifth-generation member of the Swarovski dynasty, has been the face of the company since she joined the firm in 1995. Alice Rawsthorn is a design and culture columnist for the New York Times. Vivienne Becker is a contributing editor for the Financial Times' How to Spend It. Deborah Landis is an acclaimed American film and theater costume designer. Colin McDowell is a British fashion journalist and the author of numerous books. Suzy Menkes is international editor of Vogue. Deyan Sudjic is director of the Design Museum, London.
- Author(s)Nadja Swarovski
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight2812 g
- Width248 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.